The Town Clerk’s Office is responsible for issuing, mailing and processing absentee ballots. Any qualified voter unable to vote due to the following reasons may obtain an Absentee Ballot.
- Illness or physical disability
- Absence from town during all elections hours
- Religious beliefs forbidding secular activity on election day
- Serving as an election official at a polling place other than their own
- Active service in the Armed Forces
How to apply – Applications for absentee ballots can be obtained from the Town Clerk or at the Secretary of the State’s website http://www.sots.state.ct.us/. Any qualified voter already out of town may have an application mailed to them. However, you must allow sufficient time for receiving and returning the application and the ballot.